Thin crust pizza dough. Reviews for: Photos of Thin-Crust Pizza Dough. I make pizza at home at least once a week, so you can be sure this recipe comes to you after years of very meticulous kitchen testing! It really is that fast and easy, which is why we believe this is the very best thin-crust pizza dough for a home cook on a weeknight.
Stretching pizza dough isn't hard, but does take a little practice! You can tear the dough, or it can become uneven. This thin crust dough recipe requires no stretching at all. You can cook Thin crust pizza dough using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thin crust pizza dough
- It's 4 1/2 cups of unbleached bread flour.
- It's 1/4 cup of coarse cornmeal.
- It's 1 tablespoon of yeast.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 12 ounces of bottled water.
- It's 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of whole milk.
Just roll it out with a. Place each half on a pizza pan and pat it with your fingers until it stretches over the whole pan. Try to make it thicker around the edge. Then spread with pizza sauce and use the toppings of your choice.
Thin crust pizza dough step by step
- Using a stand mixer, pour in wet ingredients at room temperature. And then add the dry with the yeast not touching the salt. Start mixing at speed one..
- Mix at speed 2 to 3 until mixed and you can form a windowpane..
- Scale into 4 equal parts and place in oiled containers..
- Cover and let proof until doubled in size..
- Lightly sprinkle pan with cornmeal and place dough on pan, forming to full size once on the pan..
- Top and bake in a preheated oven at 450°F for 14 to 20 minutes depending upon your pan, oven, and topping..
After experimenting with many different pizza dough recipes for thin crust pizza, I came up with the following pizza dough recipe. It is very easy to make and will produce a beautiful flaky crust that is crisp on the bottom. It didn't quite ball up like I wanted to, but it worked really well. Cold rise, thin crust, crispy, perfect pizza. You will never need another pizza dough recipe.