You can have Portobello Pizza using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Portobello Pizza
- You need 4 of large portobello mushrooms, stems removed.
- You need 2 T of olive oil, extra for sauteing onion.
- You need 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 C of purple onion, diced small.
- Prepare 6 tsp of Italian seasoning, divided.
- Prepare 3/4 C of pizza sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- Prepare slices of Pepperoni, cut to small.
- Prepare 6 of cherry tomatoes, sliced thin.
- You need to taste of S&P,.
- It's to taste of Crushed red pepper flakes,.
Portobello Pizza instructions
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium and saute the onion. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to broil/ grill settings on high. Arrange oven shelf to middle of your oven. Combine the 2T oil, garlic and 4 tsp of the seasoning together in a small bowl. Brush the bottom of each mushroom with the garlic oil mix and place each mushroom, oil side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Put a little of sauteed onions in the mushroom. S&P. Put 2T (eyeball it) of pizza sauce over the onion, 1/4C of mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce and pepperoni and tomato on top of cheese..
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and broil for 6-8 minutes or until cheese has melted. To serve, sprinkle with some of the remaining seasoning..
- I cooked mine 8 minutes and it nearly burned my pepperoni, so keep your eye on these!.