How to Prepare Appetizing Mexican Pizza
You can cook Mexican Pizza using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mexican Pizza
- It's of Crust.
- Prepare 1 cup of GF flour mix.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of masa.
- It's 1/4 cup of corn meal.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of shortening.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It's 3 tbsp of yeast.
- It's 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It's of Sauce.
- It's 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of taco bell mild sauce.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- It's of Cheddar cheese.
- You need of Mozzarella cheese.
- It's To taste of taco meat.
- It's of Lettuce.
- Prepare of Tomatoes.
- You need of Plain yogurt.
- You need of Anything else that sounds good!.
Mexican Pizza instructions
- Pre heat oven to 400°.
- Bloom the yeast in the water with the sugar..
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and work in the shortening. Using a manual pastry blender works great but a fork would work too..
- Stir the bloomed yeast into the dry ingredients and let stand for about half an hour. The dough will rise slightly but nothing like a traditional dough recipe..
- Spread the dough out onto a parchment lined baking sheet or large greased baking dish. I used a baking dish this time and it worked out good, but next time I'll use a baking sheet because it will be easier to cut the pizza when done..
- Par bake the crust for 8 minutes. If it still feels a little under done put it back in for another 5 minutes..
- Mix the tomato sauce and taco bell mild sauce together spread into an even layer across the whole crust..
- Cover edge to edge with your favorite taco meat..
- Cover with the cheddar and mozzarella then bake for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes if the cheese doesn't have any color move to the top rack and bake for another 2-3 minutes..
- Cut and cover with you favorite toppings..