Recipe: Appetizing Tomato and basil brown rice
Tomato and basil brown rice. Mix well and check the seasonings. Easy Side Dish Recipes Side Dish Tomato Side Dish Tomato American Rice Recipes Brown Rice Low-Fat Low Calorie Gluten Free. Add in the tomatoes and basil.
This recipe is not suited to paella. With brown rice in the refrigerator and tomatoes and basil on the counter, I was able to whip up this wholesome low fat brown rice tomato basil salad in less than ten minutes. I made a couple of adjustments. You can have Tomato and basil brown rice using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato and basil brown rice
- Prepare 1 cup of Brown Basmati rice.
- Prepare 2& 1/4 cup of Water.
- It's 2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of Tomato,deseeded and chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Basil leaves chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Balsamic vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Pizza sauce.
- It's 1 tsp of Chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
Mix well and check the seasoning. How to make tomato basil chicken rice. Because this is a one pot wonder, you need to start with a nice big, deep pan. I use my trusty buffet casserole but any large sauté pan will work well.
Tomato and basil brown rice instructions
- Wash and soak rice for one hour..
- In a pan add water and salt.Bring to a boil on high heat and add the rice.Turn heat to simmer and let cook until the rice is cooked through.Turn heat off and keep aside..
- In a bowl whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar,pizza sauce, chilli flakes and sugar..
- Add the balsamic vinegar dressing to the rice and stir through..
- Add the tomatoes and basil leaves..
- Serve hot..
Brown rice takes around double as long as white rice to cook and you would need to add more stock too. A recipe for a chicken thigh and tomato basil rice casserole that can feed a crowd this summer. Instead, the rice bakes right in the oven while the chicken is cooking on top of it. You'll pour a lot of chicken broth into the baking dish, but don't worry that the rice won't absorb it — give it some time. Place rice in a large bowl.