Recipe: Tasty Basic Pasta/Pizza Sauce
Basic Pasta/Pizza Sauce.
You can cook Basic Pasta/Pizza Sauce using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Basic Pasta/Pizza Sauce
- You need 1 can of 28 oz whole peeled tomatoes (I prefer a good italian brand over Hunts).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of - 3 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion (I typically use 1/2 large red onion) - diced.
- It's 2 of to 3 garlic cloves - chopped or minced.
- You need 1/2 medium of carrot (chopped).
- You need 4 of to 6 basil leaves - fresh (may use dried 2 tbls).
- It's 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It's 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 Bay leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- You need 3 tbsp of dry white wine (choose a wine you like).
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste (1-2 tsp each usually).
- Prepare 1 tsp of + red pepper flakes (optional).
Basic Pasta/Pizza Sauce step by step
- Heat oil in 2-3 qt pot at med-hi. Add onions and garlic. Cook until onions become translucent. (approx 2-3 min).
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil momentarily then simmer covered. Stir occasionally. (45 min).
- Transfer sauce to blender or food processor and blend to desired consistency. (chunky sauce - a few good pulses; blend full speed if preferred smooth).
- **NOTE** Add diced bell peppers or different cheeses for different flavors of sauce.