Recipe: Delicious Whole wheat pizza with sausage topping
Whole wheat pizza with sausage topping. Homemade Pizza Video Recipe from start to finish Pizza Recipe with Dough, Sauce and Toppings Healthy pizza made of whole wheat and sorghum flour. Whole wheat pizza crust has a bad reputation. If done wrong, it's often tough, dense, and well… flavorless.
Because whole wheat flour has less gluten you need a little help form the all purpose or you risk having cardboard pizza crust. Unless you like that sort Whole wheat crust works with any pizza toppings. And I'll be sharing one of my favorite pizza combos with you this week. You can have Whole wheat pizza with sausage topping using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whole wheat pizza with sausage topping
- Prepare 2 1/2 Cups of Wheat Flour.
- It's 1 Cup of Plain Flour.
- It's 1 1/2 Cups of water Warm.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Active Dry Yeast.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Salt.
- It's 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- You need 12 of Tomatoes Large (blanched and deseeded).
- You need 1 of Onion Large (finely chopped).
- You need 10 Cloves of Garlic (chopped).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Tomate hot sauce tomato ketchup Paste or any /.
- It's 2 Teaspoons of Salt.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Basil.
This crust crisps up and has a. Twisted Sausage and Pepper: On a whole-wheat pita, spread a few tablespoons of fresh tomato sauce. Top with sautéed onions, multi-colored peppers, and sliced chicken sausage. Tip: Little Gem lettuce looks like a ruffly mini.
Whole wheat pizza with sausage topping instructions
- Mix yeast and sugar in warm water. Let it rest for ten minutes. Once it has frothed add 3 cups of flour (keep half cup for kneading), olive oil and salt. Add cup by cup..
- Mix well with a wooden spoon. Once dough has coated the spoon and leaves the sides of the bowl transfer it on a kitchen platform and knead it for 6-8 minutes..
- Make a tight ball, coat it with oil and place it in a large bowl. Let it rest for an hour in a warm place.(but if the weather is gloomy, then let it rest for longer)..
- Tomato Sauce: Blend the tomatoes in a mixer and keep aside. Heat the oil in a wok. Add garlic and fry for a few seconds. Add onions and fry for 2 minutes. Add tomato puree, tomato paste, salt, sugar, oregano and basil. Boil it for good 10 minutes. Let it become slightly thick. Let it cool..
- Punch out all air from the risen dough. Make four equal parts of the dough. Roll out each dough to 4-6mm thickness. Spread 1 - 1 1/2 ladles of tomato sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and then top with any meat/veggies..
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200c till the base gets crusty and the mozzarella bubbles away! 12-14 minutes perhaps depending on the thickness of your base..
- Take the pizzas out of the oven. Drizzle olive oil. GORGE..
After trying this homemade pizza with healthier, whole wheat dough and high quality toppings, you can forget the local delivery place. Peppery, fresh arugula salad would usually make a great side dish, but it's even better when placed on top, just like they do in Italy. Try your luck at stretching the dough. You can top your whole wheat pizza with your favorite toppings…veggies, meat, cheese, whatever your heart desires! This time we made one of our You can also freeze this whole wheat pizza dough.