Recipe: Delicious Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza. This cauliflower pizza crust is a healthy veggie-packed recipe that is naturally gluten-free and grain-free. It's perfect for people who still want to eat their I've been making this cauliflower pizza crust for years, and there are a number of ways you can make it, but the easiest method is by starting with. A simple and secretly healthy cauliflower pizza crust recipe that's so surprisingly delicious, you'd never guess it could possibly be so good for you!
Remember a few years ago, when your Paleo-eating, Crossfit-obsessed friends invited you over for cauliflower crust pizza? And as you forced a smile through one damp, flavorless mouthful after another, you thought this will never catch on. This crust is dairy-free and nut-free, with the perfect and a golden brown, lightly crisped bottom. You can cook Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Prepare of riced cauliflower.
- It's of reduced fat shredded mozzarella, divided.
- Prepare of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of egg.
- It's of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare of salt.
- It's of no sugar added tomato sauce.
- Prepare of turkey pepperoni.
Choose your favorite toppings to customize this pizza, using Unlike most Cauliflower Pizza Crusts, this one doesn't rely on dairy for binding. Looking over the slew of cauliflower pizza recipes, I found they all used a different mix of ingredients to turn grated cauliflower into a "crust." Once the crust mixture was perfect, I still wanted to make sure the cauliflower dried out throughly in the oven, which meant figuring out the proper baking temperature. Cauliflower crust is turning pizza into a healthier snack. Making crispy cauliflower-crust pizza dough requires that cauliflower's water content is removed before baking.
Freaking Healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place riced cauliflower in microwave safe dish, uncovered. Microwave for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Let cool, then mic in 1/3 cup mozzarella, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, egg, and salt..
- Form cauliflower mixture into a circle, about 1/4 inch thick, into a parchment-lined baking sheet or pizza pan..
- Bake until edges are browned, about 20 minutes..
- Top crust with tomato sauce, remaining mozzarella, and pepperoni..
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 7-10 minutes..
Chef Alison Wu, of Wu Haus, uses a nutmilk bag, but straining the cauliflower mixture through cheesecloth or a cotton dish. Make pizza healthy with this low-carb cauliflower pizza crust recipe. The thing that makes this pizza so unique is that the crust is made out of cauliflower — yes, the vegetable! I honestly can't remember when or where I first saw the idea for cauliflower pizza. The Best Ever Cauliflower Pizza Crust.