How to Make Tasty Neapolitan pizza (including the dough)
Neapolitan pizza (including the dough). Neapolitan pizza is made from a lean dough—that is, it's got nothing but flour, water, salt, and yeast. With so few ingredients, the key to great Neapolitan pizza crust is a good long fermentation period during which time starches will break down into simpler sugars, yeast will. Neapolitan pizza is pizza made in the style that originated in Naples, Italy.
These are the ratios used by the Associazione Verace Picca Napoletana, which safeguards the original recipe for Neapolitan dough. All you have to do here is type in what kind of pizza you want to make - Neapolitan, in this case -, how big you want them to be and how many you're going to make. Mike Fitzick, also known as The Pizza Jew recently flew over to Gozney HQ to share his tips and tricks for the perfect Roccbox pizzas. You can cook Neapolitan pizza (including the dough) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Neapolitan pizza (including the dough)
- It's of Pizza dough.
- You need 800 g of flour “00” (Caputo pizza “00” flour recommended).
- You need 500 ml of lukewarm water.
- You need 25 g of salt.
- You need 1 g of dried yeast.
- You need 10 g of sugar.
- You need 25 g of olive oil.
Mike lifted the lid on this top secret dough recipe and showed us how he creates beautifully puffy crusts in Roccbox. Make the dough as thin as a pancake but beware not to split the dough. Sprinkle some breadcrumbs on two large flat baking sheets and place the pizza bases on them. A Neapolitan pizza dough is delicate, light and slightly chewy.
Neapolitan pizza (including the dough) instructions
- Put the flour in a large bowl and add the water to one end. Add the salt to the water to dissolve at the same end. Then add the yeast and mix into the flour at the other end. Following this mix it all together. Then add the sugar followed by the oil and mix some more..
- Now the mixture should be combined ready to knead. Knead for 15 to 20 minutes. Then shape into a ball and cover to rest for 20 minutes with the bowl..
- Then shape into a long baguette and cut into 6 pieces (for 6 pizzas). Flour the bowl and place the 6 pieces inside, cover with a damp tea towel for 6-8 hours..
- After this the dough should have increased in size. This is now ready for use. You can stretch each dough ball out to make the pizza base..
- Place the base into a hot pan to cook. While in the pan you can add your toppings, squashed fresh tomatoes are great for the base with toppings of your choice. Here we have half mozzarella and basil and half with added nduja and olives. Cook in the pan until the base is browned underneath around 5-10 minutes..
- Next place the pan under a pre-heated grill to cook the top around 10 minutes or until the toppings are cooked and the pizza is lightly browned. Buon appetito!.
The crust should be crisp while still retaining that soft, fluffy interior. And y'all, I might've This Neapolitan pizza dough recipe is simple yet delicious. With only a few ingredients and even fewer steps, you're ready to roll. Neapolitan pizza dough has only four ingredients. Make magic happen with flour, yeast, salt and water.